Things to Do in Lancaster County
Lancaster County has something for everyone. Whether you’re into antiques, live theatre, old railroads, museums, farmers’ markets, hiking and biking trails, covered bridges, wineries, Amish and Mennonite farm tours, or just shopping in the local and outlet stores, you’ll find these and more in Lancaster County.
We can help you plan your Lancaster adventures during your stay. Just ask!
Lancaster County Attractions
In the land of a thousand unique experiences, here are some to get you started:
- Balloon Rides will take you on a breath-taking flight over the beautiful farmlands and towns of the County.
- Covered Bridges in Lancaster County are a favorite excursion for many guests who visit us. The County has one of the largest numbers of open bridges in the Country.
- Kitchen Kettle Village is a popular shopping stop for any visit to the Amish Countryside.
- Mud Sales occur on Saturdays of each year. The Amish communities schedule these at different fire halls in the Spring around the County. A big draw for us “English” is the Quilts that are auctioned.
- Dutch Wonderland is a fun place for young children. It’s full of rides and a water slides. Parents can follow their young ones around and even enjoy on some of the rides with their child.
- Renaissance Faire is the 16th Century life of Knights, Ladies and Horses.
- Amish Village is a guided tour of the typical life of an Amish family. You will marvel at the simple way they have stayed faithful to their way of life.
- Lancaster Mennonite Information Center is a starting point in history and life of these peaceful and dedicated people. They are also a great source of local history and guided tours.
- Hans Herr House and Museum is an out-of the-way gem located minutes from us. In season, they have informative tours about the first family to come to Lancaster County.
- Ephrata Cloister is a unique Pennsylvania Heritage site. You will learn about this mystical group of religious men and women who lived a very austere life.
- National Christmas Center is a nationally recognized archive of memorabilia from Christmas celebrations of the past and present. A must see for those who love Christmas.
Live Productions Theaters:
- American Music Theatre presents over 300 live touring concerts and original shows a year. What a great way to spend part of your weekend holiday.
- Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre productions are top quality. You can enjoy the buffet dinner and the show or just the show.
- Fulton Theatre is a jewel in the downtown city renaissance. A magnificent structure that hosts plays, concerts, and musicals.
- Sight & Sound Theatre is the premier biblical storyteller on the East coast. Thousands of guests come to experience the message, fellowship and inspiration of these shows.
- Rainbow Dinner Theatre combines an enjoyable meal with a lively and well-acted production.
- Lancaster County Winery hosts weddings and parties as well as wine tasting.
- Mt. Hope Wineries are part of the fabulous Renaissance Faire.
- Nissley Vineyard is family-owned and in business for 30 years.
- Tamanend Winery in Strasburg produces premium wines.
- Twin Brook Winery is located in the Gap area countryside.
- Waltz Vineyard and Winery offers boutique wines.